The JL Audio C7 range was designed with the sole intent to produce the finest-ever automotive component speakers. No detail, material or design element was overlooked in search of a pure audio experience displaying unsurpassed levels of resolution, precision and imaging. The result comprises a 6.5" component woofer, a 3.5" midrange and a 1" tweeter that all work together in perfect harmony.
Cone and Dust Cap
Vacuum-formed, mineral-filled polypropylene material offers excellent damping and low mass. The cone body features a gentle curvilinear profile to optimize response. A specially shaped dust cap attaches to the cone body and the voice coil former to improve high frequency behavior.
The moving assembly is suspended and damped via a large-diameter, linear profile spider formed from a Nomex/polycotton blend, and a positive-roll, rubber surround. The two combine to provide optimum damping without prematurely restricting the C7-650cw's outstanding excursion capability.
The C7-650cw employs a high-density magnetic circuit with a high-grade Y35 Strontium-ferrite magnet, and a specially machined, T-Yoke motor topology. Motor magnetics have been precisely optimized utilizing advanced FEA tools to reduce distortion and provide linear motor force throughout the driver's performance range.
A 32 mm (1.27 inch) diameter, overhung voice coil is employed, wound with copper wire onto a fiberglass voice coil former. The oversized voice coil offers extended power handling capability, minimizing thermal compression and distortion at higher listening levels. Chassis Design: A purpose-engineered cast alloy basket is employed, featuring thin spokes to maximize rear open area, and our Patented Elevated Frame Cooling technology.
With 48 dB/octave filters: 50 Hz - 5 kHz
With 24 dB/octave filters: 60 Hz - 5 kHz
With 12 dB/octave filters: 70 Hz - 5 kHz
Built in USA with Global Components
Sold individually, with a cast-alloy grille tray and a specially perforated steel grille insert.
- Speaker Type: Component Woofer
- Nominal Diameter: 6.5 in. (165 mm)
- Design Bandwidth: 50 Hz - 5 kHz
- Nominal Impedance (Znom): 4 ohms
- Continuous Power Handling: 125W
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-175W
- Net Weight: 3.28 lbs. (1.49 kg)
- Driver Rear Displacement: 0.0135 cu.ft. (0.382 litres)
- Min. Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 0.424 cu.ft. (12 litres)
- Voice Coil Resistance (Re): 3.114 ohms
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 54.5 Hz
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.304%
- Efficiency @ 1W/1m: 87.0 dB SPL
- Sensitivity @ 2.83V/1m: 90.0 dB SPL
- Electrical "Q" (Qes): 0.669
- Mechanical "Q" (Qms): 6.265
- Total Speaker "Q" (Qts): 0.605
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 0.461 cu.ft. (13.05 litres)
- Moving Mass (Mms): 17.679 g
- Mechanical Compliance (Cms): 0.000482 m/N
- Magnetic Strength (BL): 5.31 N/A
- Effective Piston Area (Sd): 21.4 sq.in. (0.013807 sq. m)
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax): 5 mm