Designed by JL Audio Sr. Engineer Bruce Macmillan, the LoC-22 is an active two-channel processor engineered for applications requiring the attenuation of factory audio signals for use with aftermarket amplifiers and signal processors.
The LoC-22 utilizes a fully regulated, switching MOSFET power supply and an all-analog circuit design to deliver flat frequency response, at any signal level (3 Hz - 32 kHz, +0, -1dB), without altering bass response at high levels, like many passive line output converters do.
Engineered to combat induced cable noise, the LoC-22 features a differential-balanced input architecture making it compatible with virtually any analog audio signal. Capable of accepting up to 40V RMS per channel (equivalent to 400W @ 4 ohms), the LoC-22 easily handles the most powerful factory amplifier outputs. An onboard dual-range input load switch allows compatibility with most factory amplifiers that employ impedance sensing to mute channels.
Ideal for full-range or low-frequency applications, the LoC-22 is equipped with a pair of analog RCA-type, line-level output jacks (up to 8V RMS) to feed audio signals to your aftermarket system. Analog outputs are compatible with most types of aftermarket signal processors or amplifiers. Setting output levels is super simple and easy, thanks to a specially calibrated, onboard clipping indicator that works with test tones or music. The LoC-22 offers two automatic turn-on methods (DC-Offset Sensing or Signal Sensing) and provides a positive 12V turn-on output to activate aftermarket amplifiers or other downstream electronics.
The LoC-22 includes the following features:
- Fully active, all analog circuit design by Bruce Macmillan, handles powerful factory amplifier outputs, up to 40 volts per channel
- Differential-balanced input architecture offers noise rejection and compatibility with most analog outputs from OEM source units and amplifiers
- Dual range input load switch (20 kO/Normal, 60 O/Low Z, thermally protected) for maximum compatibility with OEM amplifiers
- One stereo pair of crystal-clear, line-level RCA output jacks (up to 8V RMS)
Automatic turn-on via DC-Offset or Signal-Sensing
- A dedicated 12V remote turn-on output (maximum 100 mA) to activate aftermarket signal processors or amplifiers
- Onboard LED clipping indicator makes output level setting quick & easy
- Ultra-compact chassis design fits into just about any installation location!